2010 was pretty fast, what? It just seemed to vroom past like a biker boy. So here are the highlights of year 2010 for me:
1. I got married- an event I did not think would happen anytime soon at the beginning of 2009.
2. I went to Sri Lanka! I ate at the Hilton! I wore skirts! And distributed wedding laddoos to unsuspecting auto drivers there. We also lost our camera and went to a police station at Kandy where the Sri Lankans were so nice to us, we came back without registering a complaint.
3. I came to Pune and have made my peace with a non-beach city.
4. I changed jobs. This isn't too eventful because I seem to be making this an annual affair. I think even if I start my own company, I'll write resignation letters to myself.
5. I can now cook reasonably well. I'm being humble. I rock. Eat my pasta.
6. I published Power Cut and School is Cool. Finished work on Mayil's Diary with N. Wrote a few more picture books and have sent them. Hopefully, they should come out in 2011.
7. I started going for long walks every day.
8. I can now understand Hindi if a South Indian speaks it. I also know one line in Marathi- Kay zala?
9. I celebrated festivals. My family, being atheist and all, does not believe in celebrating anything other than maybe the October revolution that falls in November. But since M's family celebrates everything, I ended my Scrooge-iness. It's ironic that I celebrated Onam first because of a Telugu boy. Such, is life.
10. I've worked from my sofa for the most part of the year, far from the traffic, the dust, the heat, and the indelicate AC.
Happy New Year, everybody! May 2011 be prosperous and blah blah.
It takes balls
10 hours ago